Many facilities and health systems are considering creating their own “coding schools” to provide ongoing education and development opportunities for their HIM professionals to continuously improve quality and to address supply gaps for more complex coding positions. Having established programs both at BJC HealthCare and here at himagine solutions, I have a unique appreciation and understanding of the challenges associated with this endeavor. I plan to share my insights on buildling a HIM education platform in an upcoming webinar. Whether you are developing a platform from the ground up or looking to optimize your current program, I think you will find my session beneficial. I will focus on the following key areas:
- Determining the scope of your program – comprehensive coder development vs. performance management
- Approaches to developing education content
- Best practices on building your internal management team
- Projected resources needed to support your program and anticipated ROI depending on scope
- How to leverage external resources to achieve your goals
To watch the on-demand replay, click here!